Everything To Know BEFORE You Buy NMN Supplements In Australia (In-Store Or Online)
As someone passionate about longevity and increasing your Healthspan as well as Lifespan, you probably already know about how NMN supplements benefit your anti-aging goals.
This interesting study on PubMed reports:
“In animal studies, β-nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) supplementation increases nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) concentrations and improves healthspan and lifespan with great safety.”
Healthspan is the amount of time an individual is healthy, living without illness.
The average lifespan is 79 in the USA, but the average healthspan is only 63.
Imagine the final 16 years of your life suffering with low energy, brain fog or worse, due to age?
As a member of the Australian anti-aging community who values Healthspan as much as Lifespan, supplementing with NMN may be able to help.
Read on if you’d like to discover high-purity NMN supplements in Australia that you can add to your longevity routine.
Here is everything you need to know before you buy…
5-Point Aussie NMN Buyer’s Checklist:
#1: Double-Check The Label
Where Do They Make/Manufacture/Pack The NMN?
To find NMN online that will help you reach your health goals, double-check that the NMN you’re buying is made/manufactured and packed in a country with strict rules around supplement manufacturing and labelling.
Such countries include: USA, Canada, UK, Australia and some European Countries.
Countries to avoid buying from include: China, Vietnam, Thailand, India.
Check The ‘Grams Per Serving’:
- NMN is offered in several serving sizes: 125mg, 250mg, 500mg, 1000mg
- Recommended daily NMN dosage for men and women is from 500mg-1000mg
#2: What Form Is The NMN In?
Powder – If exposed to air, NMN powder can be compromised in terms of the shelf-life and its potential positive effects. Taking capsules with powder inside is better to preserve the powder and its potency.
Liquid/Sublingual Drops - often pricier than other forms of NMN. There’s a possibility of instability if poorly manufactured.
Nasal Spray/Intranasal – has been shown to increase absorption as it’s absorbed through the nasal wall into the bloodstream.
Liposomal - the NMN is stored inside small, fat-like particles that have been shown to increase absorption.
Tablets/Pills – a hassle-free way to take NMN, but be sure to prioritise the purity level of the NMN before convenience.
Chewables/Gummies - chewables come in the form of lozenges and gummies which is absorbed into the mouth and tongue and finally through the gut.
Capsules (Recommend) - a convenient way to take NMN and has a long shelf life. It’s best to buy it in a tinted UV-rated glass jar as opposed to a plastic container.
#3: What Container Type Is The NMN Stored In?
Plastic – Many plastic containers contain BPA (Bisphenol A), a chemical used in manufacturing plastic.
BPA has been reported to have many negative effects on human health, including brain problems, hormone dysfunction and autoimmune conditions.
Pouches - The worst way to store NMN. Pouches provide the least amount of protection for the NMN as thin pouches are susceptible to heat if it’s not sealed properly… and, the moisture can affect the powder inside.
Each time the pouch is opened and closed, scooping the powder makes the powder within susceptible to contamination and external factors.
Glass – Buying NMN in a glass jar is better for your health, better for the NMN and better for the planet.
Go one better with tinted UV-rated glass as it protects the NMN from being damaged by light and heat.
#4: Check The NMN Purity LevelYour first priority should be the purity of your NMN for the sake of your health. High purity means high quality and your body will absorb and benefit from NMN supplementation sooner.
Find a brand that provides a certification of purity from an independent, third party lab.
It is important to check the date of the 3rd party certificate. Many brands will use outdated 3rd party tests.
#5: Work Out Your Cost Per Gram
Do this simple calculation to make sure you're getting a good deal:
1) Multiply the capsules by the mgs per capsule:
Eg. If the bottle has 30 Capsules at 250mgs per capsule 30x250 = 7500mg or 7.5g. The bottle therefore contains 7.5 grams (or 7500mg)
2) Then divide the price of the bottle by the grams:
Eg. If the product costs $90, it’s $90 / 7.5 = $12.00 per gram.
AlphaCell NMN starts at $4.70 per gram, and reduces with the discounts we offer to returning customers.
With AlphaCell Labs Pure NMN Supplement, You're Getting:
- Australian-Made NMN (Pure Nicotinamide Mononucleotide)
- Manufactured In a GMP 'Good Manufacturing Practices' Facility In Australia
- Free Shipping Australia-wide
- NO Dairy, NO Soy, NO Gluten, NO Fillers/Additives Or Preservatives
- 500mg Per Capsule (Double Most Other Brands)
- 3rd Party Certified Above 99.5% Purity
- Packed In UV-Rated Glass (No BPA Plastic)
- Induction-Sealed Lid
- Vegan Friendly
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Discounts For Returning Customers
- World-Class 24/7 Customer Service
What Are The Benefits Of NMN?
Studies on NMN has been linked to…
- Enhance energy metabolism
- Improved insulin sensitivity
- Improved mitochondrial metabolism
- Reduce drowsiness
- Improved muscle responsiveness
- Improved cognitive function
- Slowed skin aging
- Heart health benefits
- Improved sleep
- Improved memory
Buyer Beware: 4 Things To Watch Out For When Comparing NMN Brands And Supplements
1. Fake Customer Reviews And Website Widgets
- Some dishonest businesses/websites may use apps that show overly positive reviews for their NMN, as well as fake buyer popups like ‘John from Sydney just purchased!’.
- Make sure you check TrustPilot.com for the Reviews App they’re using on their site before believing their reviews.
- AlphaCell Labs only uses Google Reviews and Yotpo Reviews, which rank highly on TrustPilot.
2. Cheap NMN Online (And On Amazon Australia)
- If NMN products on Amazon AU are cheap (anywhere under AUD$50), it likely doesn’t contain the NMN it says it does.
- It’s unfortunately common for some unscrupulous operators to undercut the market with low quality NMN.
- They attract you with a low price, then sell you a product that may not even contain any NMN, or contains NMN with low purity.
Some common practices of cheap NMN brands:
- They avoid mentioning where it's manufactured, they may add fake reviews to their website and they may make unrealistic claims of the product’s benefits.
- There was a study done that showed that 64% of the top-selling NMN brands on Amazon contained less than the claimed NMN or almost none at all.
- Amazon is filled with cheap NMN brands revealed in this report. See the report here.
- This is why it’s crucial for your well-being to source a reliable NMN supplement in Australia that has been tested for purity and provides a third party lab report proving their NMN is high-purity.
AlphaCell guarantees the NMN content and purity in our capsules, and we publish the independent lab report on our website.
3. Cheap PowdersIt might be tempting to purchase NMN in exposed powder form as it’s low priced.
However, the exposed powder form is often sourced from one or more manufacturers and dumped into a plastic tub, bucket or bag.
- It may have also been stored in a high heat and high humidity area, which makes it susceptible to deterioration.
- AND, every time you open and scoop out the powder, you're speeding up oxidation and potential moisture damage, which thereby affects the NMN itself and its potential health benefits.
Choosing a reputable NMN capsule manufacturer such as Australian-owned AlphaCell Labs helps you avoid all these issues.
- Our capsules are made with a precision dose of 500mg of NMN in a recognised Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) factory in Australia.
- The GMP facility in which our NMN supplement is produced meets or exceeds all regulatory requirements for supplement manufacturing practices, ensuring quality, purity and safety for you.
- The capsules themselves prevent air from degrading the powder inside the capsule, and they’re stored in a UV-rated glass jar and induction-sealed.
4. Just Contains Nicotinamide (And Not NMN)Many NMN sellers try to confuse you by adding only 'Nicotinamide' to their product instead of 'Nicotinamide Mononucleotide' (NMN).
Nicotinamide is a form of Vitamin B3, and is relatively cheap to manufacture.
By contrast, Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) is derived from ribose and nicotinamide through an enzymatic process.
This is an expensive procedure which is why there’s a reasonable price difference between just Nicotinamide and Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN).
Nicotinamide often has the well-known side effect of flushing, whereas NMN does not, making a pure NMN supplement a lot safer.
Where In Australia Does AlphaCell Ship To?
AlphaCell ships across the country including major cities like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and Hobart, as well as smaller cities and towns.
Read more about our Pharmaceutical-Grade NMN available in Australia (With free-shipping Australia-wide).