Before You Buy An NMN Supplement In Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia & Beyond (In-Store Or Online) Everything To Know
If you’re considering buying NMN anywhere in Asia, from Singapore to Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Philippines or beyond, it’s important to know what you’re buying.
Because looking after your health by sourcing a high-purity NMN supplement from a reputable manufacturer or retailer should be priority one.
An interesting PubMed article reports this about NMN:
“In animal studies, β-nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) supplementation increases nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) concentrations and improves healthspan and lifespan with great safety.”
Which is why many in the Asian anti-aging community are supplementing with NMN to extend their healthspan and healthy lifestyle.
If you’d like to make sure you’re taking the highest-purity, pharmaceutical-grade NMN supplements in Asia as part of your longevity goals, here is everything to know before you buy…
5-Point Asia NMN Buyer’s Checklist:
#1: Review The Label
Double-Check Where The NMN Is Manufactured
To maintain good health when taking longevity supplements like NMN, it’s crucial to source it from a country with strict manufacturing standards and transparent labelling.
It’s best to purchase NMN manufactured and packed in only these countries: Australia, Canada, Switzerland or Germany.
Avoid NMN made, packed or sent from any of these countries: China, Vietnam, Thailand, India.
Check the ‘Grams Per Serving’:
- NMN comes in several serving sizes: 125mg, 250mg, 500mg, 1000mg
- The recommended daily NMN dosage for men and women is between: 500mg-1000mg
#2: Consume The Best Form Of NMN
NMN powder - taking power that is exposed to oxygen each time you open the container is probably the worst type to buy.
Not only does oxygen speed up the oxidation process which compromises the quality and possible benefits of the NMN, you also risk contamination either during packing or when you’re using it. Powder inside a capsule is better.
Liquid/Sublingual Drops - generally more expensive than other forms of NMN and quality should be investigated to ensure you’re getting what you pay (more) for.
Nasal Spray/Intranasal – these can be appealing due to the faster absorption through the nasal passages, but research into their manufacturing process and all ingredients used in their formula.
Liposomal - liposomal is where the NMN is placed inside small, fat-like particles.
Before you buy, ask the brand their process for doing this to ensure it’s manufactured to a high standard and not just riding the liposomal trend to mislead consumers.
Tablets/Pills – a cheaper way to manufacture NMN which can sometimes bring the brand into question. Do your homework into the brand, the ingredients and the country of manufacture.
Chewables/Gummies - lozenges and gummies have a novelty appeal but this form often comes with nasty filler ingredients to give it the texture and taste to make it palatable, so be sure to read the label.
Capsules - an easy way to take NMN and being in a capsule, the powder is protected from oxidation, therefore extending the shelf-life as well as maintaining the integrity and benefits of the NMN itself.
#3: How Is The NMN Packaged And Stored?
Plastic – The majority of plastic supplement containers contain BPA (Bisphenol A), a toxic chemical used in manufacturing plastic.
Studies on BPA reveal that it has many toxic effects on human health such as brain problems, hormone dysregulation and autoimmune diseases.
Glass – Buying NMN in a glass bottle or jar is healthier for you, for the planet as well as preserving the quality and longevity of the NMN.
Look for a high-quality brand that sells their product in a tinted UV-rated glass so that your NMN is protected from light and heat.
Pouches - These are the cheapest and nastiest way to buy and store NMN. Pouches are thin plastic bags (containing BPA) and are therefore vulnerable to heat, light and moisture damage.
In addition, every time you open and scoop out the NMN it’s exposed to oxygen, which initiates the oxidation process and affects the quality and potential benefits of the NMN.
#4: What Is The NMN Purity Percentage?
The quality of the NMN you buy starts with the purity level.
To ensure you receive maximum benefit from NMN supplementation, look for a brand that offers proof of 99% pure NMN.
Buy from a brand that offers proof of their purity claims with a third-party lab certificate of purity.
Make sure you check the date of the certificate too as some brands reference certificates that are out of date.
#5: How Much Will You Pay Per Gram?
There’s a fast, easy formula to make sure you're getting a good price per gram:
Multiply the number of capsules in the bottle by the milligrams (mg) per capsule:
Eg. If the bottle has 30 Capsules of 250mgs per capsule 30x250 = 7500mg The bottle therefore contains 7.5 grams (or 7500mg)
Then divide the price of the bottle by the grams:
Eg. If the product costs $90, it’s $90 / 7.5 = $12 per gram.
- AlphaCell Labs NMN starts at around $3.50 per gram, and reduces with customer loyalty discounts.
Buying AlphaCell Labs Pure NMN Supplement Means You Receive:
- Australian-Made NMN (Pure Nicotinamide Mononucleotide)
- Manufactured In a GMP 'Good Manufacturing Practices' Facility
- Shipping Worldwide (Free Shipping For Orders Over USD$65)
- NO Dairy, NO Soy, NO Gluten, NO Fillers/Additives Or Preservatives
- 500mg Per Capsule (Double Most Other Brands)
- 3rd Party Certified Above 99.5% Purity
- Packed In UV-Rated Glass (No BPA Plastic)
- Induction-Sealed Lid
- Vegan Friendly
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Discounts For Returning Customers
- World-Class 24/7 Customer Service
What Are The Top Benefits Of NMN?
Several studies reveal that taking NMN can lead to one or more of these benefits…
- Enhance energy metabolism
- Improved insulin sensitivity
- Improved mitochondrial metabolism
- Reduce drowsiness
- Improved muscle responsiveness
- Improved cognitive function
- Slowed skin ageing
- Heart health benefits
- Improved sleep
- Improved memory
Buyer Beware: 4 Shop-Stoppers To Watch Out For When Comparing NMN Brands And Supplements
1. Fake Customer Reviews And Purchase Pop-Ups
- There are some unscrupulous operators that will use apps that only show overly-positive reviews of their products or go to the extent of having fake popups on their site of supposed customer purchases, like ‘John from Singapore just purchased!’.
- Visit TrustPilot.com to find the reviews app they’re using on their site before believing their claims and reviews.
- AlphaCell Labs solely uses Google Reviews and Yotpo Reviews, which rank highly on TrustPilot.
2. Cheap NMN Online (And On Amazon SG, HK, PH, etc)
- If the NMN supplements you see on any Asian Amazon site are cheap (under USD$40), there’s a high probability that it doesn’t contain the amount of NMN reported on the ingredients label.
- Unfortunately some merchants try to undercut the competition with low prices and equally low quality NMN.
- They suck you in with a cheap price and sell you an inferior product that either contains low-purity NMN or contains less than advertised quantity, or worse, no NMN at all.
Sly practices of cheap NMN brands:
- Cheap products and brands often won’t mention where the NMN is manufactured; display fake buyer reviews and make outrageous claims about the product’s supposed benefits.
One study revealed that 64% of the top-selling NMN brands on Amazon contained less than the listed amount of NMN or almost none at all.
Unfortunately Amazon is chock full of dishonest brands selling cheap NMN, which you can see in this report. See the report here.
Protect your purchase and take care of your health by sourcing a quality NMN supplement that has been third-party lab-test certified proving their NMN is high-purity.
AlphaCell Labs guarantees the NMN content of our capsules is 99.5% pure. Find our independent lab report here on our website.
3. Cheap Powders
Low-priced NMN in powder form can be appealing, especially if you’re on a budget.
But keep in mind; the exposed powder form is the least recommended form.
Worse yet, the exposed powder form is often sourced from multiple manufacturers or middle men and mixed together into one plastic tub, bucket or bag.
There’s a high chance of the powders having been stored incorrectly too.
This means that deterioration and contamination could be a big issue, not to mention it’s likely to have been stored in a high-heat, high-humidity facility or exposed to light.
Purchasing from a well-reviewed NMN capsule manufacturer such as Australian-based AlphaCell Labs can help you avoid wasting money on inferior products.
Our NMN contains a precise dose of 500mg of NMN per capsule, and it’s manufactured and packed in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) factory in Australia.
The GMP facility that produces our NMN supplement meets or exceeds all regulatory requirements for supplement manufacturing practices, ensuring you receive a high-quality, high-purity and safe product.
The capsules themselves help to preserve the quality, purity and beneficial effects of the NMN by preventing oxygen from degrading the powder inside the capsule.
Then we pack the capsules into a UV-rated glass jar and induction-seal the jar.
4. Solely Contains Nicotinamide (But No Actual NMN)
Many brands and retailers mislead and/or deceive consumers by mentioning their product contains 'Nicotinamide' (when it contains NO actual 'Nicotinamide Mononucleotide' (NMN).
Nicotinamide is nothing more than a form of Vitamin B3, and it’s quite cheap to produce.
Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) however is derived from ribose and nicotinamide through an enzymatic process, which is an expensive process.
This is the obvious reason (and red flag) as to why there’s a big difference in price between Nicotinamide and Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN).
Also, Nicotinamide has a reported well-known side effect of flushing; whereas NMN doesn’t, which is why taking a pure NMN supplement is safer and healthier.
Where In Asia Does AlphaCell Ship To?
AlphaCell Labs ships across Asia to Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, India and beyond.
So whether you live in major cities like Bangkok, Beijing, Ho Chi Minh City, Kuala Lumpur, Manila or smaller cities and towns, you can have high-quality NMN on your doorstep within 3-5 days.
Read more or order our pharmaceutical-grade, high-purity NMN available across Asia.