Everything To Know BEFORE You Buy NMN In Canada (Online Or In-Store)
If you’re committed to longevity by extending your Healthspan as well as your Lifespan… you’ve probably heard about the benefits of NMN supplements for turning back the clock.
This article on PubMed reports:
“In animal studies, β-nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) supplementation increases nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) concentrations and improves healthspan and lifespan with great safety.”
While a long Lifespan is important, many in the Canadian anti-aging community are more focused on increasing their healthspan; which is the length of time a person is healthy, living without illness.
In the USA for example, the average lifespan is 79, yet the average healthspan is just 63.
That’s 16 years of living with an illness, condition or disease.
This is where supplementing with NMN may be able to help.
So if you’re looking for high-purity NMN supplements in Canada as part of your longevity routine, here is everything to know before you buy…
5-Point NMN Buyer’s Checklist:
#1: Check The Label
Where Is The NMN Made/Manufactured/Packed?
It’s best to find NMN online that is made and packed in countries with stringent supplement manufacturing and labelling standards such as: Australia and Germany and Switzerland.
Countries to be cautious of include: USA China, Vietnam, Thailand, India, Malaysia
Check The ‘Grams Per Serving’:
- NMN is offered in several serving sizes: 125mg, 250mg, 500mg, 1000mg
- Recommended daily NMN dosage for men and women is from 500mg-1000mg
#2: What Form Is The NMN In?
Powder – NMN powder exposed to air can compromise the shelf-life and potential positive effects. Powder that is encapsulated (in capsule form) is better.
Liquid/Sublingual Drops - often more expensive than other NMN, and has the possibility of instability during poor manufacturing.
Nasal Spray/Intranasal – reportedly increases absorption by being absorbed into the nasal wall into the bloodstream.
Liposomal - where the NMN is stored inside small, fat-like particles that reportedly increases absorption.
Tablets/Pills – a convenient way to take NMN, but remember to always put the purity level of the NMN before convenience.
Chewables/Gummies - chewables include lozenges and gummies where the NMN is absorbed into the bloodstream via the mouth and tongue.
Capsules (Recommend) - keeps the NMN powder fresh while extending the shelf life. It’s also best bought in a tinted UV-rated glass jar as opposed to a plastic container.
#3: What Is The NMN Stored In?
Plastic – Many plastic containers contain BPA (Bisphenol A), a chemical used in manufacturing plastic.
BPA has been shown to have many negative health effects in humans, from brain problems to hormone dysfunction and several other conditions.
Plastic pouches that hold powder is the worst form as it is easy for heat to penetrate the plastic, affecting the NMN powder within.
Glass – Buying NMN stored in glass is better for your health and for the health of the planet. Look for NMN stored in tinted UV-rated glass as it prevents light and heat from damaging the NMN.
#4: What Is The NMN Purity Level?
The purity of your NMN should be your highest priority. The higher the purity, the better the quality and the easier your body will absorb and benefit from NMN supplementation.
Look for brands that provide a certificate of purity from an independent, third party laboratory.
Be sure to check the date of when the certificate was issued.
#5: What Is The Cost Per Gram?
Here’s how to work out if you're getting a good deal:
1) Multiply the capsules by the mgs per capsule:
Eg. If the bottle has 30 Capsules at 250mgs per capsule 30x250 = 7500mg or 7.5g. The bottle therefore contains 7.5 grams (or 7500mg)
2) Then divide the price of the bottle by the grams:
Eg. If the product costs $60, it’s $60 / 7.5 = $8.00 per gram.
AlphaCell NMN starts at $4.70 per gram, and it reduces with the discounts we provide to our loyal customers.
With AlphaCell Labs Pure NMN Supplement, You're Getting:
- Australian-Made NMN (Pure Nicotinamide Mononucleotide)
- Manufactured In a GMP 'Good Manufacturing Practices' Facility In Australia
- Shipping Worldwide (Free Shipping For Orders Over CAD$100)
- NO Dairy, NO Soy, NO Gluten
- 500mg Per Capsule (Double Most Other Brands)
- 3rd Party Certified Above 99.5% Purity
- Packed In UV-Rated Glass (No BPA Plastic)
- Induction-Sealed Lid
- Vegan Friendly
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Discounts For Returning Customers
- World-Class 24/7 Customer Service
What Are The Benefits Of NMN?
Research of NMN has been shown to…
- Enhance energy metabolism
- Improved insulin sensitivity
- Improved mitochondrial metabolism
- Reduce drowsiness
- Improved muscle responsiveness
- Improved cognitive function
- Slowed skin aging
- Heart health benefits
- Improved sleep
- Improved memory
Buyer Beware: 4 Things To Watch Out For When Comparing NMN Brands And Supplements
1. Fake Reviews And Site Widgets
- Dishonest business/websites may use apps that import overly positive reviews for their products, as well as fake popups saying ‘John from NYC just purchased!’.
- You can check TrustPilot.com for the Reviews App they use on their site before trusting the reviews.
- AlphaCell only uses Google Reviews and Yotpo Reviews, which rank highly on TrustPilot.
2. Cheap NMN / The Amazon Trap
- If the NMN you’re considering buying on Amazon is too cheap, there could be something they're hiding.
- It’s common for companies to undercut the market with low quality NMN.
- They will attract you with a low price, then sell you a product that may not even contain any NMN, or contains NMN that isn’t pure.
Some common practices of cheap NMN brands:
- They don't mention where it's made, include fake reviews on their website and make unrealistic promises of the benefits.
- Did you know that 64% of the top-selling NMN brands found on Amazon contain less than the claimed NMN content or almost none at all?
- Amazon is full of cheap NMN brands which have been uncovered in a report. See the report here.
- This is why it’s important to choose a reliable NMN that conducts purity testing and provides a third party lab report proving their NMN is high-purity.
AlphaCell guarantees the NMN content and purity in our capsules, and we publish the independent lab report on our website.
3. Cheap Powders
It may be tempting to purchase NMN in exposed powder form as it’s cheaper.
With the exposed powder form however, it’s essentially just sourced from any supplier and dumped into a plastic tub, bucket or bag...
- It also may be stored in areas of high heat and humidity, making it susceptible to deterioration.
- Each time you scoop out the powder, you're risking spoilage by touching and reusing the same scooper, as well oxidation and moisture damage.
You can avoid these problems by choosing a reputable NMN capsule manufacturer such as AlphaCell Labs.
- Our capsules are made with a precision dose of 500mg in a recognised Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) factory in Australia.
- This means that the facility in which our NMN supplement is produced meets or exceeds all regulatory requirements for supplement manufacturing practices, ensuring quality, purity and safety for consumers.
- When the bottle is opened, the capsules themselves prevent air from degrading the powder inside the capsule.
- Our capsules are then packed in a UV-rated glass jar and induction-sealed.
4. Cheap Products Often Contain Just Nicotinamide (And Not NMN)
Do not confuse 'Nicotinamide' with 'Nicotinamide Mononucleotide' (NMN).
Nicotinamide by itself is a form of Vitamin B3, and is relatively cheap to make.
On the other hand, Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) is derived from ribose and nicotinamide through an enzymatic process.
This is a costly procedure, hence the price difference between just Nicotinamide and Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN).
Nicotinamide also has the common side effect of flushing, whereas NMN does not, making a pure NMN supplement a lot safer.
Where In Canada Does AlphaCell Ship To?
AlphaCell ships across the country including major cities like Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Montreal, Calgary, Quebec City, Vancouver, Edmonton and Hamilton, as well as smaller cities and towns.
Read more about our Pharmaceutical-Grade NMN available in Canada (With free-shipping for orders over CAD$100).